INSTRUCTIONS TO NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS IN
As a new member of IHM, Panipat family, I welcome you to one of the most modern Hospitality Management Institute of the country. Congratulations on your success in JEE 2013. Please note the following carefully:
1. The classes of 1st semester will commence from 29.7.2013 or as mentioned in your allotment letter beside the fee of 1st semester already deposited by you at the admission centre, you will have to deposit Rs.1650/- as minor charges to cover the charges for identity card, library and midterm examination etc.
2. In case you have been allotted hostel at the time of counseling then you are required to pay 1st semester hostel & mess charges Rs.17000/- through a demand draft in favour of Institute of Hotel Management, Panipat and you should report in the Institute one day before the start of classes, for occupying the hostel.
3. Hostel fees once deposited will not be refunded, except caution money and mess charges. Please read the hostel rules very carefully.
4. In case you have not been allotted hostel, then it is advised, that you should visit the Panipat 2 to 3 days in advance to find a suitable P.G. Home. Institute will not subscribe any P.G. home but provide suitable guidance regarding their locations.
5. You will have to carry with you following:
(a) At least 5 to 6 passport size photographs.
(b) All your original documents in support of your age, qualification and category.
(c) Allotment letter downloaded from www.nchm.nic.in
(d) Receipt of fees of 1st semester deposited at the admission centre.
6. Institute will not subscribe any shop or tailor for the uniform or other kitchen Accessories required though it will give two weeks times to arrange uniform.
The uniform will be as under:
· Black terecot trouser with two plate and 18" bottom. Flat front and low waist is not allowed. (2 pair)*
· White plain full sleeves terecot shirt with one pocket (2 pair)*
· White chef coat with white nylon button. (Terecot)**
· White & Black check chef trouser. (Terecot with two plate and 18" bottom. Flat front and low waist is not allowed.**
· White chef cap and blue & white check scarf and 2 white aprons.**
· White terecot Lab coat.**
· Black bow, black tie and black socks*.
Black and grey Waist coat with two pockets.**
· Black shoes oxford model (for boys and girls both).*
· Black terewool business coat with two buttons. ( For winter)
· Silk saree as per specified colour and design and black closed bellies (For girls only)
* Mandatory from 1st day.
** can be purchased through Institute.
Please note that use of mobile phone is strictly banned in side the building of the Institute and defaulters will have to pay very heavy fine. For other details please read the guideline page of the Institute especially rule 10 (b) regarding the punctuality.
Parents are required meet the undersigned after completing admission formalities.
Looking forward to welcome you at IHM, Panipat along with a team of dedicated faculty members, administrative and support staff.