RULES FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
Following rules and regulations are to be strictly adhered to by the residents of the hostel in the campus; in case of any violation of the said rules strict disciplinary action would be taken against the student.
1. RAGGING in the hostel is strictly prohibited and any matter reported, the name of the student would be struck of the roll of the Institute.
2. Hostlers are required to maintain the hostel and mess timings as per the following schedule:
a) Hostel gate will open in the morning at 06.00 a.m. and will close at 08.00 p.m. However no female student is allowed to move out of the campus without the permission of the warden.
b) The hostel would remain closed from 09.00 a.m. to 05.00 p.m. hrs during the working days of the college. No student should stay back in the hostel during these hours. Permission would be granted only by the warden only in case of an emergency.
c) Mess timings are as follows:
Breakfast - 07.30a.m. to 08.30 a.m.
Lunch - 01.30 p.m. to 02.20 p.m.
Evening tea - 06.15 p.m. to 06.30 p.m.
Dinner - 08.00 a.m. to 09.00 p.m.
(On weekends and holidays breakfast will be served from 8.30A.M. to 9.30 A.M.)
d) If due any reason if a hostel resident does not want to take any meal he / she will have to inform the mess in charge four hrs in advance, failing which a fine of Rs. 50/- will be charged.
3. All the boys and girls are required to wear proper clothes to go mess, under no circumstances boys in half pant / Bermuda/sleeveless clothes etc. will be allowed to dine in the mess or walk in the campus.
4. Permission to go home (once in a month) would be granted by the warden only after she / he has got the consent of the parents over the phone.
5. Permission for the weekend outings to be taken from the warden on the last working day of the week (Friday) in the college itself. No student to approach the warden at her / his residence for the grant of permission on weekends.
6. Incase of any ill health the student would be taken immediately to the nearest hospital but the expenses of the medicine and incase of any treatment have to be borne by the student herself.
7. Each hosteller is required to maintain 75% attendance in theory and practical classes, incase of shortage of attendance the hostel facility would be withdrawn from the student.
8. Use of electric iron, heater, electrical appliances and music system is not allowed in the hostel. In case anyone found using the same would be confiscated from the student.
9. Cooking in any part of the hostel is not allowed.
10. Each Hosteller is required bring with him his her own mattress, bedding, bucket and mug.
11. Hostellers are required to take care of their own belongings and valuables. Institute will not be responsible loss of any valuables.
12. Day scholar are not allowed in the hostel, if any hosteller is found entertaining day scholar in his / her room, strict action will be taken against him / her leading to expulsion from the hostel.
13. Each hosteller is required to perform specific duties in the mess on rotation basis as per the directives of the mess in charge.
14. Only plastic bottles will be allowed to keep water in the room.
15. Consumption of alcohol, drug and smoking is strictly prohibited in the hostel. Defaulters will be asked to vacate the hostel immediately.
16. Hostlers are required to keep their room and surroundings clean and do sweeping in the room and keep dust bin out side their room, in case anybody's room found dirty utility work as punishment and a fine of Rs.100 would be charged (after a warning).
17. Hostlers are advised to maintain the hostel property in good condition and anybody found deliberately destroying the same would be charged a fine of Rs. 500/ and would be bound to repair/replace the item damaged.
18. Hostellers are required to switch off the lights and fans when not in use.
19. For the allotment of the room in the hostel, decision of the warden will be final and binding for all the hostlers.
20. No parent / friend / relatives will be allowed to stay in the hostel.
21. Resident of the boys' hostel will be allowed thrice a week to out after Institute hrs up to 7 P.M. to purchase daily needs. (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) On weekends and holidays boys can go out from 10 A.M. to 6P.M.
For night out written permission of warden is compulsory.
22. No resident of girls' hostel will be allowed to move out of the campus without the written permission of girls' hostel warden on any day at any time.
23. Only parents (Mother & Father) will be allowed meet the resident of girls hostel. If parents are authorizing any relative (even brother or sister) friend then they should submit in writing and affix the photograph of authorized visitors on the hostel application form.
Principal / Chief Hostel Warden
I undertake that my ward .…………………………………student of …… ……………………………year………. would abide by the above mentioned rules and regulations during his/her stay in the hostel and maintain 75% attendance. In case of any violation of rules strict action can be taken against him/her by the authorities.
Signature of the Parent